Muirfield High School is committed to providing a safe, supportive and engaging learning environment that embraces diversity and encourages individuals to achieve. We teach and model the behaviours we value in our students.
The Department of Education Behaviour Code for Students outlines the standards of behaviour expected in all NSW public schools.
Students are expected to:
- Respect other students, their teachers and school staff and community members
- Follow school and class rules and follow the directions of their teachers
- Strive for the highest standards in learning
- Respect all members of the school community and show courtesy to all students, teachers and community members
- Resolve conflict respectfully, calmly and fairly
- Comply with the school's uniform policy or dress code
- Attend school every day (unless legally excused)
- Respect all property
- Not be violent or bring weapons, illegal drugs, alcohol or tobacco into our schools
- Not bully, harass, intimidate or discriminate against anyone in our schools
Schools take strong action in response to behaviour that is detrimental to self or others or to the achievement of high quality teaching and learning.
Muirfield's School Behaviour and Discipline Code (pdf 935KB) outlines the school's values and expectations. The Code also contains strategies and practices to promote and support positive student behaviour; possible consequences for breaches of the school's expectations and items banned at the school.